BACK TO THE BASICS
The Nike Cortez Basic SL Older Kids' Shoe stays true to the original 1972 design. It's built with synthetic leather for durability and lightweight cushioning for comfort.
- Synthetic leather for comfort and durability
- Foam sole for lightweight cushioning
- Rubber outsole with herringbone pattern for traction
- Colour Shown: White/Varsity Royal/Black/Varsity Red
- Style: 904764-103
- Country/Region of Origin: Indonesia
The Nike Cortez was Bill Bowerman's first masterpiece, built to be lighter and more weatherproof than any other shoe. In 1972, it put unprecedented cushioning under the fastest feet in the running world and quickly became the most popular training shoe in the USA. It was an unmistakable icon—a walking billboard that told your story and declared your affiliation—and came to thrive with fierce style on the streets of Los Angeles. Since then, no shoe has expanded the definition of a running shoe quite like the Nike Cortez.